Low Carbon City Officer
Plymouth City Council's multi award winning Low Carbon Team is responsible for promoting and delivering plans and projects that will shape Plymouth's ability to secure radical reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and provide resilience to the impacts of climate change. The team is focused on:
- Facilitating projects and coordinating action on climate change & flooding, fuel poverty, renewable energy & energy efficiency
- Providing services to Plymouth Energy Community
- Providing specialist input and advice to strategic planning and planning applications
- Providing a centre of excellence for sustainability, climate change and low carbon policy and projects
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual with a strong background in the delivery of renewable energy & energy efficiency projects. You will be both leading and assisting on aspects of:
- New business opportunities and projects in collaboration with Plymouth Energy Community
- Coordination of an ambitious EU funded domestic energy advice programme
- Roll out of LED installations in schools and community buildings
To do this we will be looking for candidates that have:
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject plus extensive relevant experience in delivery of renewable energy & energy efficiency projects
- A track record of successful community focused project delivery and partnership working
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of government policy surrounding energy, including its practical application at a local level
If you are passionate about driving a positive impact on fuel poverty and carbon emissions, we would welcome your application.
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Alistair Macpherson, Low Carbon City Team Leader .
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 31 July 2017.