Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager-Enabling to join the Housing Regeneration, Assets and New Supply team - part of the Housing Service in the council's Community Directorate As a Project Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing affordable housing strategies and initiatives to meet a wide range of housing needs in Harrow within the context of creating sustainable communities.
The post holder will contribute to the effective management of the internal and external financial resources available for delivering additional affordable housing. The postholder will also manage consultants and trainees as required and proactively build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate and deliver affordable housing to meet priority need.
In addition, the postholder will provide professional advice on new affordable housing initiatives, scheme viability, delivery methods and products to meet housing need in the borough.
You would also need to have the below skills & experience:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the key issues relating to affordable housing development, taking account of the national, sub regional and local policy issues
- Good knowledge and understanding of planning policies and S106 obligations as they relate to affordable housing development
- Knowledge of housing development finance, both public and private sector, including the Homes and Communities Agency / Greater London Authority's policies and procedures and development viability concepts
- Experience of effectively managing complex projects to time and within budget
- Experience of partnership working
- Experience of using computers at an intermediate level and using appraisal software , such as Proval or other appraisal tool
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders, Council staff and external bodies both over the phone and face to face
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and produce accurate work to deadlines
Interview Dates: 30th/31st August
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION.