Associate Director - Provider Services
Salary Details: AfC Spinal point 70 to 74 (GBP68,259 - GBP76,479)
Job Term: Permanent
Appointment Type: Full-time
Location: Kingston upon Thames
Directorate: Achieving for Children
Service: Children's Social Care
We are looking for an Associate Director for Provider Services to join our team at a time of exciting and positive change.
As Associate Director for Provider Services at Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for leading fostering and residential care services across Kingston and Richmond. You will be asked to set the future direction of the service at an exciting time in its development, with plans in place to build two new children's homes within the two boroughs.
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children's services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, and responsible for delivering the entirety of both boroughs' children's services.
We have been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children's services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education's seven 'Partners in Practice', tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
AfC was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, and investing in staff development.
What we're looking for
To be Associate Director for Provider Services at AfC, you will be:
- passionate about ensuring that all of our looked after children have a positive experience of foster and residential care and are supported to reach their potential;
- an ambitious, forward thinking individual with the ability to develop and oversee the delivery of high quality, flexible and creative fostering and residential services;
- an experienced leader with a strong knowledge and understanding of legislation, policy and procedures for foster care and residential care homes for looked after children; and
- fully HCPC registered, with a track record of embedding a strong performance management culture focused on delivering the best outcomes for children.
Benefits of working for Achieving for Children
In return, we will offer you high quality support and the exciting opportunity to shape the role and the service for the future. The post is being offered on a full time, permanent basis based at our Kingston offices, just next to the River Thames and the vibrant high street, a 5 minute walk from the train station. We offer a dynamic, friendly and supportive working environment with a focus on on-going development. In addition we offer a range of excellent staff benefits to include generous annual leave, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, child care vouchers, along with discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres, just to name a few.
As a social enterprise owned by two local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, a cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to:
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits if you have moved from another post in local government
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
How to find out more
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Alison Twynam, Director of Children's Social Care, for an informal discussion.
Please apply by completing the online application and a supporting statement outlining how you meet the criteria as outlined on the role profile.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.