Project Manager - Parks and Open Spaces & Leisure (1 year Fixed Term C
1 year fixed term contract
Following our recently re-shaped team we have a number of exciting opportunities across our Parks & Leisure Service. This is your chance to come and join our bold, creative and successful Parks and Leisure Team. We want you to bring your experience and track record of achievement and be part of Southwark's commitment to improve the health and wellbeing or all its residents.
We are seeking to appoint to a number of posts in; Parks, Capital Project Management and Development, Cemeteries and Crematoria, Leisure, Sport and Physical Activity and Play Development.
We are one of London's most diverse, vibrant and exiting Boroughs with a significant regeneration underway which is transforming Southwark. The Council is committed through its 'Fairer Future Promises' for residents to significant investment of over GBP20m across its parks and leisure facilities.
We have a ground breaking free swim and gym offer for all our residents, award winning parks and open spaces with 25 Green Flags and a commitment to secure more, a comprehensive programme of new facility development and infrastructure projects in our parks. Our Cemeteries and Crematoria are also undergoing an important transformation with significant investment and focus. All of these areas are key contributors to the wider social regeneration of the Borough and we want highly motivated, enthusiastic, and committed people to help us deliver in these key roles.
You will bring experience across one or more of these areas, have a strong track record of achievement, be a collaborative team player and keen to play your part to shape and deliver the future of these services.
• Experience of producing specifications and overseeing project plans for a broad range projects, including the improvement or development of parks, sports facilities, playgrounds, and cemeteries. The projects may also include major procurements and the development of quality assurance systems.
• Extensive experience of project management of complex capital and revenue funded projects - of varying size, scale, and duration - that will have a long term impact on the green infrastructure of the Borough, and directly impact on the Council's ability meet its strategic goals.
• You will be able to provide expert advice and have extensive knowledge of commissioning and procurement of projects.
• Lead on the preparation of funding bids and applications either internally or to external bodies to increase funds available for the delivery of parks projects.
• Excellent communication skills and experience of working with key stakeholders, partners and community organisations.
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Drummond, Interim Head of Parks and Leisure on .
Please click on the vacancy information and person specification and job description documents for further details about this role and information on what to include in your application.
Closing Date: 17 July 2017 at 23:59
Interview /Assessment: Week commencing 24th of July 2017