Executive Lead – Strategy and System Development
A unique role within a unique health and social care setting; you have the opportunity to take an influential role in delivering one of the most exciting programmes of public service transformation ever undertaken.
A new era for Greater Manchester (GM) began on 1 April 2016, as the region became the first in the country to take control of its combined health and social care budgets; more than £6 billion. Since the GM Health and Social Care Devolution Agreement was signed in February 2015, work has progressed at pace to lay the foundations of governance and take action on early priorities and develop a GM wide Strategic Plan incorporating all the individual local health and social care plans. A shadow Programme Board was established and a transformation fund of £450m agreed. In March, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and NHS England proudly announced the appointment of Jon Rouse as Chief Officer who will now have responsibility for maximising and delivering the full benefits that devolution aims to achieve and a highly credible, visionary executive team now needs to be established to join him in that pursuit.
Working directly to Jon and with proactive involvement in all aspects of the Programme’s partnership working, you will spearhead the strategic approach to the co-ordination, production and delivery of the locality plans whilst ensuring these deliver on the Programme’s overarching ambitions. Working across the whole of the GM health and social care landscape, you will secure GM’s approach to standardising access and delivery of sector leading integrated health and social care services requiring highly effective strategy design and planning systems that have clear linkages to and alignment with other strategic planning and delivery processes linked with the wider GM reform programme and economic growth as you:
- Take ownership of the development and implementation of the GM 5 year strategic plan, ensuring that as its main champion, this is achieved with on-going input from all key partners and stakeholders.
- Work with locality partners to develop and establish processes for delivering their key priorities, outcomes and ambitions enabling you to provide the necessary assurance to the Strategic Partnership Board that the planned benefits of devolution are delivered.
- Drive the long term strategic visioning and planning processes whilst working closely with CCGs and provider organisations in localities to ensure appropriate information and advice is feeding into the commissioning processes and decisions.
- Lead on the interface with NHSI and CQC to develop and lead the implementation of strategies for organisations in turnaround.
- To meet this challenge you will be an experienced visionary leader recognised widely for your ability to successfully develop, translate and implement complex strategic change plans and strategies at an organisational level. Ideally you will have worked within or have connections to the health and social care sector, however, the strategic planning, business change and programme leadership experience we seek could be transferrable from analogous roles within central government, social housing, not for profit, management/strategy consulting or private health sectors.
To access more detailed information and to apply for this game changing opportunity please visit www.veredus.co.uk and enter reference number 928027.
For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partners at Veredus: Simon Potts, Director Health Practice on 07889 736071 / email@example.com or Michelle Atkinson on 07769 165101 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal interviews will take place on Friday 9th September 2016