This job is no longer available
A vacancy has arisen for a Head of Business and Economic Development to join the Senior Leadership Team at North Tyneside Council. The post will have responsibility for a cluster of services, to support, encourage and develop business investment, physical development, and assure compliance with prevailing legislation.
The development of partnerships, across both the public and private sectors to achieve success in terms of supporting growth and development of North Tyneside, is the main focus.
We work with partners to help realise a good quality of life in North Tyneside and:
· Provide a range of extensive support to assist businesses to relocate, start up, survive and thrive.
· Deliver major development projects that will have attracted investment, created sustainable employment and brought with them the physical, positive impacts of economic growth.
· Maintain safe and effective transport networks to support accessibility for earning and learning.
· Offer assurance and support for businesses in their activities and operations.
· Deliver the widest range of homes to meet need.
· Manage and develop our land and property portfolio.
The post will lead on the delivery of major investment and regeneration projects across North Tyneside and the provision of a ‘one stop’ integrated service for developers.
· Being the principal ambassador for the Council, for nurturing business confidence and ensuring that the right environment makes North Tyneside a location of choice for investment and employment.
· Maintaining positive relationships with all housing providers across the borough to ensure the housing needs of the borough are met.
· Providing advice to the Chief Executive, Mayor, Cabinet and Scrutiny Committees on strategic and operational issues related to service area responsibilities.
· Working with partners to deliver high quality services to residents.
· Leading on income-generation initiatives across the service.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Ken Wilson, Head of Regeneration, Development and Regulatory Services on 0191 6436091.
To apply and download application, candidate brief including job description and person specification and other supporting documentation please visit www.northeastjobs.org
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the documents in word format.
Closing date: Sunday 28 October 2012.