This job is no longer available
Created in 2009, Local Partnerships is a joint venture between HM Treasury and the Local Government Group. Spanning central and local government, it gives trusted professional support to local public bodies and the community focussed third sector to help them deliver high quality, cost-effective public services and infrastructure. Its work is additional to that of the private sector and it will be in the vanguard of tackling challenges and developing innovative solutions alongside its public sector clients.
At this time of unprecedented transformation of local public services, the Chief Executive will have the opportunity to develop, lead and drive an innovative business working at the heart of government policy. Local Partnerships has the commercial expertise and track record to adapt new policies to practical delivery, increasingly developing local capability in response to local needs.
Reporting to the Joint Venture Board, the Chief Executive will:
· Develop the strategy for the business and its overall commercial objectives, in close consultation with the Chair and the Board
· Providing leadership and direction to the staff to develop a professional culture of consultancy and effective project management
· Manage the joint venture as a commercial business balancing the public mission with an appropriate level of return, generating new business and building excellent relationships with key stakeholders
· Proven leadership experience in an organisation of equivalent complexity with highly developed strategic skills, the ability to grasp the nuances of complex information and situations and highly developed interpersonal skills
· Excellent programme management skills with a track record of delivering large scale programmes of investment including driving commercial deals and negotiations
· Ideally with public and private sector experience, an understanding of government and its delivery landscape in local and community based public bodies with the standing and skills to build good relationships in the public and private sectors
A Candidate Brief and a Summary Business Plan 2012 – 2013 containing further information can be found by clicking ‘apply’ taking you to www.odgers.com/41062 or by contacting Odgers Berndtson on 020 7529 1029 quoting reference number NAO/41062.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 28 October 2012.
Local Partnerships is an equal opportunities employer.