Interim Head of Legal and Governance
Our client, a public sector body is looking for an Interim Head of Legal and Governance for a period of three to six months.
- You must be able to ensure the provision of robust and targeted legal advice and assistance on all legal matters including public and regulatory law; statutory interpretation; equalities; competition FOIA; data protection; employment; intellectual property; commercial; and dispute resolution
- Instruct and receive advice from external lawyers to complement in-house expertise. Manage and maintain the relationship with external lawyers and monitor the level, quality and cost of the services they provide
- Support in developing regulatory arrangements which enable the organisation to regulate in line with its duties and meet its statutory objectives and its strategic and business plans
To apply with an up to date CV, you must have:
- The relevant qualification as a lawyer or Barrister
- Good knowledge and experience in Regulatory and public law
- Evidence of strong and effective negotiation with interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing and working with external lawyers and internal and external colleagues at senior management level
CVs without the specific requirements will not be considered.